- All participants in individual and team events must be 50 years of age or older on or before December 31, 2019.
- The age divisions for the WVSSC will be determined by your age on December 31, 2019 for both team and individual sports. The age divisions will be as listed for both men and women: 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75-79, 80-84, 85-89, 90-94, 95-99, 100+.
- All must compete in their own age group except in doubles or team play when the younger player determines the age group. Proof of age may be required.
- The 2019 fees include a $35.00 non-refundable registration fee which includes a tee shirt and two events in an individual sport and the Friday May 3rd dinner at Emmanuel Baptist Church.
- Tickets will be at Registration Desk for dinner.
- THERE WILL BE NO TEAM FEES but individual members are required to register.
- Additional fees include: Bowling $8.50; Golf $25.00 for green fees and 1/2 cart to equal $65.00 (no additional fees for disc golf). There will be a $15.00 late fee for any applications received after the April 25th, 2019, date. No application will be accepted after April 30th.
- The pickleball coordinator reserves the right to close the registration for pickleball prior to the April 25th date. Space and courts are limited.
- Medals will be awarded to the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winners at each venue following the conclusion of the event.
- The West Virginia Senior Sports Classic is open to out-of-state residents.
- Competition must take place to determine an award. If there is only one individual entered in an age group, that athlete must enter and complete the event in order to receive the medal. That athlete will be placed in the closest age category with, but not against, those athletes.
- The official rules of The National Senior Games Association for each event will be followed.
- Final interpretation of all rules will be the event coordinators.
- Their decision will be final.
- Go to www.NSGA.com for a copy of the rules.
- The West Virginia Senior Sports Classic is affiliated with The National Senior Games Association but is in no way affiliated or associated with either the United States Olympic Committee or the International Olympic Committee.
Here are some local hotels:
Charleston Marriott Town Center
200 Lee St E, Charleston, WV 25301
Quality Inn & Suites
1010 Washington St, Charleston, WV
100 Kanawha Blvd, Charleston, WV
- In the event of inclement weather or unusual/extenuating circumstances, Senior Sports Classic Officials reserve the right to change the format of the competition, postpone events, or cancel.
Check-In Times and Event Scheduling
- You may check in at the Emmanuel Baptist Church on Thursday May 2nd from 5:00 pm until 9:00 pm and on Friday May 3rd from 9:00 am until 5:00 pm.
- Participants must check-in one-half hour prior to event start time
- T-shirts will be provided at check-in.
- Participants are allowed and encouraged to enter more than one event, but do so at their own risk as schedule changes cannot be made to accommodate sports that occur simultaneously. Please plan accordingly.