- Participants should register according to their age as of 12/31/2016.
- The age groups are: 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75-79, 80-84, 85-89, 90-94, 95+.
- Events will be conducted by age group except when it is necessary to combine for competition.
- The age group for doubles teams and 3-on-3 basketball teams will be determined by the youngest player. All team members must submit an individual entry form and entry fee. Partner/teammate(s) must be indicated during registration to be eligible to participate. Partners will not be provided for competitors.
- Registration fee is $35.00 which includes two events, a commemorative T-shirt and admittance to the Friday evening social for participant and guest.
- There is a $3.00 fee for each additional event over two.
- A confirmation will be sent to you after your entry form is received.
- Please bring your confirmation with you to check in.
Google map links to the venues are available on the Schedule of Events page.
Check-In Times and Event Scheduling
- Participants must check-in one-half hour prior to event start time
- T-shirts will be provided at check-in
- Participants are allowed and encouraged to enter more than one event, but do so at their own risk as schedule changes cannot be made to accommodate sports that occur simultaneously. Please plan accordingly.
The following Charleston hotels are offering special rates for WV Senior Sports Classic participants. Be sure let them know you are a WVSSC participant when you make your reservation.
Charleston Marriott Town Center
200 Lee St E, Charleston, WV 25301
1010 Washington St, Charleston, WV
100 Kanawha Blvd, Charleston, WV
- In the event of inclement weather or unusual/extenuating circumstances, Senior Sports Classic Officials reserve the right to change the format of the competition, postpone events, or cancel. Refunds will not be given due to weather.
- Full registration fee refunds will only be granted if requested prior to June 9.
- Medals will be presented to the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place finishers in each age category at the event venue.
- The West Virginia Senior Sports Classic is open to out-of-state residents.
- Competition must take place to determine an award. If there is only one individual entered in an age group, that athlete must enter and complete the event in order to receive the medal. That athlete will be placed in the closest age category with, but not against, those athletes.
The WV Senior Sports Classic has sanctioned the 2016 Greater Clarksburg 10K as a qualifying race for the 2017 Senior National Games in Alabama. Athletes must register with both the WV Senior Sports Classic (http://www.wvssc.com/) and the Greater Clarksburg 10K and it is the responsibility of the runner to report the chip finish time to the WV Senior Sports Classic committee by July 9th.